A relatively new route with new lodges being built the Khopra ridge trek offers stunning close ups views of Dhaulagiri and the Annapurnas. Along with Mudai View Point on the way you get an opportunity to see two high view points in the Annapurna Himalaya. The trek altitudes are also modest so the issues of high altitude sickness is minimal. It is a leisurely six day trek from Pokhara - Stay tuned for further details very soon!
- The Khopra Ridge is a relatively new route in the foothills of Annapurna and has developed into a full scale trekking route in the last few years with lodges. It makes a great six day walk in the Annapurna Foothills of Nepal It has great views reaching almost to the bottom of the Fishtail Mountain Macchapucchare along with Annapurna South, Huinchuli and Gangapurna and of course Dhaulagiri and Tukuche views from Mulde and Khopra.
- Suitability: A good choice for most walkers, reasonable level of fitness required.
- Walking times: average 5 to 7 hours walking per day
- Altitude: up to 3657m at Khopra Ridge
- Terrain: for most of time following well-travelled trails, there will be daily ascent and descent on steps which are part of any Nepal trek.
- Remoteness: usually not too remote and often there is a reasonable level of infrastructure such as lodge accommodation and cell/ mobile phone reception and wifi reception every day at the lodges.
- Day 01 – Arrive in Kathmandu and stay the night at a hotel in Thamel.
- Day 02 Kathmandu to Pokhara to Ghandrung by early morning flight to Pokhara and the drive to Kimche below Ghandrung 2.5 hours and then walk to Ghandrung 2040m in an hour – you have a free afternoon in Ghandrung.
- Day 03 Trek to Tadapani (2650 metres) 4 hours walking
This is a longer day than before and we walk mainly through the forest with bird calls and typical Himalayan vegetation. In about 2.5 hours we reach the lodges of Baisikharka where we stop for a cup of tea. From Baisikhraka it is about 60-75 min to Tadapani which you should reach by lunchtime. You have a free afternoon at Tadapani with its fabulous views.
Day 04 Trek to Dobato (3448 metres ) 5-6 hours walking
This is again a longer day. The trail climbs gently and steadily and reaches Meshar Danda in about 2 hours. From here in about 45 minutes you reach the lodges of Isharu 3100 metres. Stop for a tea break at Isharu and then commence the last climb to Dobato which should take around 1 hr 45 min or so.
- Day 05 Dobato to Mulde View Point 3637 metres and then trek to Chistibung 6 to 7 hours We leave early in the morning to walk to the View Point which takes about 45 min to 1 hour and are greeted by a splendid view which is closer than the view from Poon Hill. From the top of Mulde we can see the lodges of Ghorepani below us and the Poon Hill tower. We descend back to Dobato for breakfast and then after breakfast leave for Chsitibung. The trail initially skirts the ridge and then climbs for the lodges of Bayeli 3437 metres in about 2 hours where we can stop for an early lunch. Post lunch the trail continues along ridge for about 3.5 hours until it reaches the lodges of Chistibung 3350 metres.
- Day 06 Trek to Khopra (3657 metres ) 3-4hours walking
- This the final day our climb which brings us to the Khopra ridge with the Community lodge and other newer lodges which are being contructed here. From Chhistibang, the trail ascends continuousl and there are multiple small streams and small waterfalls all along. The view from Khopra is staggering with the Dhaulagiri peaks on one side and the Annapurnas on the other. If the weather is good you can enjoy a great sunset from here.
- Day 07 Trek to Swanta 2200 metres 6 to 7 hours walking
- Today is a long day with a a lot of downhill walking which can be tiring on the knees. Initially you follow the same route down to Chistibung which should take around 2 hours. Stop for a cup of tea at the lodge and then proceed down on the trail to Swanta which loses around 800-900 metres in about four hours. After the poor lodges for the last three nights enjoy a better lodge in warmer temperatures at Swanta.
- Day 08 Jeep from Swanta to Pokhara 800 metres and fly to Kathmandu by evening flight from Pokhara
- This is a long jeep ride on dirt track roads typical of Nepal until you reach Beni on the black top highway. From Swanta to Beni it should take around 2-3 hours and from Beni to Pokhara on a good road should be also 2-3 hours. You need to leave Swanta by 7 am to get into Pokhara by 1-2 pm. Take the last flight out from Pokhara to Kathmandu between 3.30 and 4 pm.
- Day 09 Fly from Kathmandu to home destinations
- INR 60,000/- plus 5% TCS per person for Indian passports. Kathmandu to Kathmandu as per the itinerary above
- Meals not included. Please budget extra USD 25 per day for meals, battery charging, wifi, hot water in flasks, etc.
- Costs include:
- Flights from Kathmandu- Pokhara to Kathmandu
- ACAP national park permit and TIMS permit for trekking in the Annapurna region
- Travel from Pokhara to start of trek and back
- Accomodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara as per itinerary on twin sharing basis
- All accommodation on the trek on twin sharing basis
- Cost of porters/guides for the trek. Please note that porters will carry one duffel bag or backpack not exceeding 10-12 kgs in weight for each trekker comprising of personal items, clothing, sleeping bag etc.
Costs not included:
Meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara and fooding on the trek is not included
- Desserts, drinks, and exotic items listed in the lodge menus are not included.
- Alcohol, cold drinks (coca cola, sprite, beer), juices, ice cream etc on the trek and in Pokhara.
- Client travel and medical insurance of any kind. Emergency evacuation costs if needed.
- Bottled drinks; boiled, filtered or bottled water; alcohol; snacks; tea/coffee;
- Hot showers (Rs 200-300 per shower); battery charging and wifi costs if any
- Personal clothing and equipment; sleeping bag; douvet/down/goretek jacket, medicines for personal use etc.
- Air fare from home country to Nepal and back
- Tips to porters/guides at the end of trek @ US $ 50 per person to the common pool
Sujoy Das +91 9831054569 or +977 9818037020 (nepal)
Lok Silwal +977 9851022984